Front (belly of Gork?) section of the Gorkanaut currently being worked on, loosely following the same look as the original GW kit.
Well, this was a thing. I’ve now started my own project on building a Gorkanaut from scratch(ish), using plastic card for the model form, resin studs and GW plastic bitz for decoration. I couldn’t afford to get the official kit because I’ve got other plans for October (Orktober!) and onwards. The only way I was ever going to get my shooty heavy support was by using my creativity to build my own!
So far, I’ve built the main body which is about 65% to 75% completed, there’s just the back of the body to glue and the hood above the head. I’ll then try and find a reasonable circle base to glue the Gorkanaut on (with arms and legs included as well).
I know it looks pretty derpy and silly at the moment, however, once the whole model is constructed and basecoated, fingers crossed it might look more convincing as an Ork built machine. This is my first attempt at constructing something using plastic card with no instructions, so I’ll be very rusty on this attempt.
Anyways, here’s my current progress in photos, enjoy!
Thank you for reading this post. If you have any questions, post a comment below and I’ll reply back as soon as I can. Thanks!