Today I have just finished my development sample, based on my previous sample design project work. The design is based on a jellyfish species known as a Moon Jellyfish, which I thought would be an excellent inspiration to create a plastic version of the species.
To create this sample I’ve used the following materials:
- 2L drinking bottle
- Marker pens (black, dark blue and light blue)
- Small pliers
The design is based on three visual imagery related to pollution in the sea, 1) the shape represents the jellyfish as well as marine life in the sea, 2) encased in a plastic bottle, this represents plastic waste that’s been dumped into the sea and finally 3) a skull represents death to marine life that are sadly entrapped and killed by pollution waste.
This project is nearly at an end, as I’m now currently planning my final design to realise my project in its final 3D form.
Thanks for reading, and I hope to see you guys next time in part 5! 🙂
If you have any questions, post a comment below and I’ll reply back as soon as I can. Thank you!
I hope you all have an awesome day,
Today I wanted to share a few photos of my current art project, which is based on the theme of ocean and horror. The sample designs are influenced by various artists including H.R. Giger, Francis Bacon and John Blanche.
Alien arm (Tape moulding), inspired by H.R. Gigers works
Figure (Paper folding + Tape moulding), inspired by Francis Bacons artworks
If you have any questions, post a comment below and I’ll reply back as soon as I can. Thanks!
Hope you all have a great day,
This week I went on a trip to Hull to collect some primary and secondary sources for my course work. I’ve visited three places in order to collect these requirements, the first being The Deep.
I thought I might share (a lot of) photos of the day I went to The Deep in Hull. Enjoy!
[warning: some images my upset some viewers, as well as those who don’t like fish]
Aquarium coral, bones and other items
First we were shown items which was kindly displayed for photography and for visual sketching.
As expected, I went around the main attraction to take photos of aquarium life. There was a surprisingly a lot of sea life to look at, including my personal favourite, a wall lodged with fossils.
I hope you guys have enjoyed the post. If you have any questions, post a comment below and I’ll reply back as soon as I can. Thanks!
Have an awesome day guys,
A bit late for hobby resolutions, but I plan these things before I make any concrete decisions. 2016 was a year of challenges for me, from keeping consistent with my course work, to deciding who to vote for in the EU Referendum, pushing my hobby skills to another level and finally, getting as much table top hobby time as I can.
I’ll be posting the best of 2016 from archive blog posts that I think were the best from last year. This will be up at some point next week.
So whats my plans for 2017? Well most of it is table top hobby related tasks, mixed with other stuff that I want to try out. Below is a list of what will be coming for this year:
- Finishing off my Flesh-Eater Courts army, including more Crypt Ghouls (human/Duardin/elves/Skaven) Crypt Flayers, kit bashing Varghulf, more Ogres and Morghast Archai.
- Build my Grand Alliance of order, consisting of; Stormcast Eternals (using Hammer and Anvil battalion) and Fyreslayers (either Lords of the lodge or Subterranean Fyrestorm battalions).
- Completing my Grand Alliance of Chaos, with my Nurgle force needing a few units of Blightkings, Chaos warriors and Daemons of Nurgle stater set.
- Communicating with the hobby community more, by commenting other bloggers posts that I like, and joining in discussion groups to contribute to the hobby.
- Discovering new styles and mediums in art projects, developing new designs that’s not in my comfort zone.
- Telling the rest of the path to glory campagin story of the battles between Clan Skelnix, and the Whitebark Clan.
- If the dark elves have a new release, I’ll be rebasing and painting my entire collection if I find the new lore for the faction to be satisfying.
- Painting Skaven model inbetween hobby projects.
Hopefully at least a few of these will be completed by the end of this year. But for now, its small steps at a time.
I hope you guys have enjoyed this post. If you have any questions, post a comment below and I’ll reply back as soon as I can. Thanks!