Big announcement today on Bjorn the Stormborn! On the 7th, 8th and 9th of December from 3:30pm onwards, some of my acrylic paintings I’ve done will be printed as cards for the Lincoln Christmas market, at Lincoln College located at Christ’s Hospital Terrace. There will be signs for directions on where to go to visit the Colleges pop up shop.
The cards that I’ll be producing for sale are works that I’ve been doing for my course work. These include two versions of the Lord Tennyson painting (one bright and sharp for the Autumn effect, and one for more mature and closer accuracy to the statues look) as well as an early painting of a British solider at the Lincolnshire life museum.
There are other cards on sale too!
All of the cards you see here are priced at 75p each! Great for Xmas cards and any occasion for card giving (probably not Valentine’s Day……!).
Also, I have prints for sale if anyone prefers to have one of my paintings on their wall. Currently there are two prints available that will be on sale at the Xmas market. Each print costs around £5 each.
There’s a limited run of 9 prints! So it’s a first come first served basis for the prints, as well as the cards you see here. Finally, there’s one framed A4 print that will be on sale for £10.
I hope you can come and visit, wether from around the UK or abroad if you are visiting Lincoln for the Christmas market.
Have a great day, and I’ll be back tomorrow with a new blog post!
[Disclaimer- all sales from the cards that I’ll be producing for sale will not be for personal use, but instead be donated to Lincoln College for materials and equipment]
Today I have just finished my development sample, based on my previous sample design project work. The design is based on a jellyfish species known as a Moon Jellyfish, which I thought would be an excellent inspiration to create a plastic version of the species.
To create this sample I’ve used the following materials:
- 2L drinking bottle
- Marker pens (black, dark blue and light blue)
- Small pliers
The design is based on three visual imagery related to pollution in the sea, 1) the shape represents the jellyfish as well as marine life in the sea, 2) encased in a plastic bottle, this represents plastic waste that’s been dumped into the sea and finally 3) a skull represents death to marine life that are sadly entrapped and killed by pollution waste.
This project is nearly at an end, as I’m now currently planning my final design to realise my project in its final 3D form.
Thanks for reading, and I hope to see you guys next time in part 5! 🙂
If you have any questions, post a comment below and I’ll reply back as soon as I can. Thank you!
I hope you all have an awesome day,
Time took: 2 days
Mediums: Procreate digital art
A bit late for hobby resolutions, but I plan these things before I make any concrete decisions. 2016 was a year of challenges for me, from keeping consistent with my course work, to deciding who to vote for in the EU Referendum, pushing my hobby skills to another level and finally, getting as much table top hobby time as I can.
I’ll be posting the best of 2016 from archive blog posts that I think were the best from last year. This will be up at some point next week.
So whats my plans for 2017? Well most of it is table top hobby related tasks, mixed with other stuff that I want to try out. Below is a list of what will be coming for this year:
- Finishing off my Flesh-Eater Courts army, including more Crypt Ghouls (human/Duardin/elves/Skaven) Crypt Flayers, kit bashing Varghulf, more Ogres and Morghast Archai.
- Build my Grand Alliance of order, consisting of; Stormcast Eternals (using Hammer and Anvil battalion) and Fyreslayers (either Lords of the lodge or Subterranean Fyrestorm battalions).
- Completing my Grand Alliance of Chaos, with my Nurgle force needing a few units of Blightkings, Chaos warriors and Daemons of Nurgle stater set.
- Communicating with the hobby community more, by commenting other bloggers posts that I like, and joining in discussion groups to contribute to the hobby.
- Discovering new styles and mediums in art projects, developing new designs that’s not in my comfort zone.
- Telling the rest of the path to glory campagin story of the battles between Clan Skelnix, and the Whitebark Clan.
- If the dark elves have a new release, I’ll be rebasing and painting my entire collection if I find the new lore for the faction to be satisfying.
- Painting Skaven model inbetween hobby projects.
Hopefully at least a few of these will be completed by the end of this year. But for now, its small steps at a time.
I hope you guys have enjoyed this post. If you have any questions, post a comment below and I’ll reply back as soon as I can. Thanks!