This year I’ve managed to get a hefty amount of backlog and neglected miniatures glued and painted. Being in isolation has forced me to be creative with what I have to work on the things I tend to put aside. If I keep up this approach I’ll have only one storage box left of neglected miniatures! But knowing myself I’ll probably only have two storage boxes left.
Most of my Skaven miniatures are all painted with barely a few spare parts left. Sometimes I can be creative with my projects if I have an idea. For example I’ve recently made five Gargoyle rats using a neglected Tyranid kit and Clanrat heads. A fine Clan Moulder creation!
Speaking of new camera, I’ve recently gone for an upgrade after four years of using my other one. I’m still learning the basics with this new one, but I think it’s already done better job at capturing my miniatures.
Book reading challange
The first few months of the challenge was going really well. I had a few books read and managed to read a few army books in full. However due to the pandemic I’ve become very slow at getting more reading books completed.
Recently I finished reading Konrad as my tenth completed book. I’ve got six months left to read ten+ books before the 2020 challange ends. Therefore I’ll need to put more time into reading books just so I can catch up.
Since my last post on hobby projects some of the projects were finished off or put aside. Below is a list of what I’m currently working on. Bear in mind though that I’m prone to changing things due to my nature of being creative.
- Primaris Crimson Fists- just need one Dreadnought to finish the project.
- White Scars Successor Chapter Astral Bears
- Night Lords (completed)
- Black Templars (completed)
- DG Exiled Iron Warriors (completed)
- Bad Moons Orks (completed)
- Chaos Knight House Devine- considering getting a War Dog Moriax or one of the Chaos Knight kits
- Anvils of the Heldenhammer Sacrosanct Chamber (completed)
- Knights Excelsior Skirmish Warband (completed)
- Knights of Mousillon Stormhost- need to paint two Knight-Incantors, one Lord-Arcanum and two units of Sequitors.
- The Skullfiend Tribe (completed)
- Nighthaunt (completed)
- Ogor Mawtribe Bloodgullet Tribe (completed)
- Skaven Clan Skelnix- few spare miniatures left including four Stormvermin.
- The Grymthenian Lodge- completed as an ally force.
Warhammer Fantasy Battles-
- Warriors of Chaos Nurgle warband- need to paint second unit of Chaos Warriors and a Wizard on horse.
- Dark Elves- paint a unit of Spearmen and five cold one knights
Changing things around
Recently I’ve set up my own Instagram account as a way of broadening my reach for my table top miniature and artwork. It took me a bit of time to get the hang of things learning something new.
Rather than posting my latest works on here, I’ll be posting them on Instagram. That’s not to say there won’t be anymore content on here, instead my blog will be changing focus from WIP miniature painting to collection showcase and research into Warhammer subjects.
If you want to see my latest works or catch up on older miniatures I’ve painted in the past, you can check out my Instagram at BjornStormcast.
That’s all for today.
Currently I’m running a painting challange here on the blog, celebrating The Island of Bloods 10th anniversary. You can find out more info here: https://callumart.wordpress.com/2020/06/27/skaven-and-high-elves-painting-challenge/
Until next time,