After counting how many books I’ve read last year, I was surprised to learn that I made a big record of reading twelve books (one being an Omnibus so it’s technically fourteen books), so this year I want to beat that record by reading more books this year. I still have some books left to read on my book shelf, including the Soul Drinkers six book series.
Below is a list of what I’ve read last year, (R) means re-reading books I’ve already read to have a second read to learn things I’ve missed, (S) means second hand book that I’ve brought and (C) means continuing a book I haven’t progressed further from reading years ago but finished this year.
Books I’ve finished reading in 2018
- Gaunts Ghosts: The Founding, by Dan Abnett
- (R) The First Heretic, By Aaron Dembski Bowden
- (R) Horus Heresy: Brotherhood of the Storm, by Chris Wright
- (S) Horus Heresy: False Gods, by Graham McNeill
- The Primarchs: Fulgrim the Palatine Phoenix, by Josh Reynolds
- The Primarchs: Lorgar the Bearer of the Word, by Gav Thorpe
- The Primarchs: Sons of the Emperor, by various authors
- Warhammer AoS: Soul Wars, by Josh Reynolds
- Fifteen Hours, by Mitchel Scanlon
- Warhammer AoS: Winters Heart, by Nick Horth
- Warhammer AoS: The Red Hours, by Evan Dicken
- (C) United States of Japan, by Peter Tieryas
That’s quite a lot of book I’ve read last year, especially finishing an omnibus! Admittedly, some of the books on the list were an on and off progress that were a year or two ago started.
This year I’ve already finished four books, and today I’ve finished reading my fifth book!
Books read so far in 2019
- (S) The Rats, by James Herbert
- (S) Lair, by James Herbert
- Legacy of Dorn, by Mike Lee
- (R) Horus Heresy: The Crimson Fist, by John French
- (S) Horus Heresy: Galaxy in Flames, by Ben Counter
In January things were pretty quite so I had tons of time to get reading some books. I’m hoping to get more of my backlog of books read this year as well as buying mire second hand books, only rarely buying new books unless I really like it.
So what’s on my list to read going forward? Well I’m currently reading the third and last book in James Herbert’s Rat trilogy series (and so far, holy sh!t is it a horror fest to read, guys a genius when it comes to writing fiction!). I’ve also got some Warhammer AoS and 40k books to read as well.
Here’s what’s on my incredibly long list of books to read, I won’t be able to finish all of these books this year tbh, but I’m hoping to pass my previous record.
- Domain, by James Herbert
- Warhammer AoS: Nagash, The Undying King, by Josh Reynolds
- Titanicus, by Dan Abnett
- Space Marine Hero’s, by various Authors
- Souls Drinkers: Redemption, by Ben Counter
- Soul Drinkers: Annihilation, by Ben Counter
- Seraph of the End: Guren Ichinose: Catastrophe at sixteen book 1 and 2 by Takaya Kagami
- Horus Heresy: Path of Heaven, by Chris Wright
- Horus Heresy: Betrayer, by Aaron Dembski Bowden
- Horus Heresy- Primarchs: Magnus Master of Prospero
- Inside the Firm, by Tony Lambrianou
- Elric of Malniboné, by Michael Moorcock
- The sailor on the Seas of Fate, by Michael Moorcock
- The land Leviathan, by Michael Moorcock
- Warqueen, by Darius Hinks
- Drachenfels, by Jack Yeovil
Wish me luck!