Like last year, I do my own New Years resolution for my hobby work, wether it’s getting an army done on a deadline, or focusing on being more involved with communication with the community.
Before I do my 2018 resolutions, lets take a look at last years list and see if I’ve completed any (or none at all!)
Resolutions from 2017
- Finishing off my Flesh-Eater Courts army, including more Crypt Ghouls (human/Duardin/elves/Skaven) Crypt Flayers, kit bashing Varghulf, more Ogres and Morghast Archai. (Not completed, still have a few units to paint as well as not having a playable force for Match play. However, since I’ve changed plans for this faction, it was now used for Skirmish games until further change are planned)
- Build my Grand Alliance of order, consisting of; Stormcast Eternals (using Hammer and Anvil battalion) and Fyreslayers (either Lords of the lodge or Subterranean Fyrestorm battalions). (Not completed, since the Fyreslayers were expensive, so the Faction was changed to be primarily a Stormcast Eternals. All units are painted apart from four more Hero models)
- Completing my Grand Alliance of Chaos, with my Nurgle force needing a few units of Blightkings, Chaos warriors and Daemons of Nurgle stater set. (Whilst I was able to get a unit of Blight Kings, I wasn’t enthusiastic to work on this project due to a lack of lore inspiration. However, Maggotkin of Nurgle will hopefully reignite my interests this project)
- Communicating with the hobby community more, by commenting other bloggers posts that I like, and joining in discussion groups to contribute to the hobby. (I’ve been commenting from time to time on posts or on mine on different subjects, I’ve learnt quite a lot from communicating with other bloggers (who are more wiser and knowledgeable). Contributing wise, I think I’ll need to work on that. I’ll see if I can join in on painting challenges or a group project for either AoS and 40k)
- Discovering new styles and mediums in art projects, developing new designs that’s not in my comfort zone. (Thankfully I’ve learnt something new and pushed myself to do weird and interesting stuff. My Lord Tennyson canvas painting was a step in the right direction for my artist journey, moving away from manga art as my Chosen art focus.
- Telling the rest of the path to glory campagin story of the battles between Clan Skelnix, and the Whitebark Clan. (Nah, not going to happen. The rest of the campaign was fun, but I lost the rest of the matches (although I’ll never forget the first mission where I’ve actually won my first AoS game and table top game for 8 years since I’ve started the hobby!!). Sadly my enthusiasm was low on writing the story, but I’ll try doing a different approach for doing story/ battle report blog posts this year!)
- If the dark elves have a new release, I’ll be rebasing and painting my entire collection if I find the new lore for the faction to be satisfying. (I’m still bloody waiting GW, where the Aleves? It’s been two years since AoS started! On the positive side, I’ve been rebasing my Druchii and mange to paint quite a few models. This was done as I got bored of waiting for the Druchii to get their faction released, so I’m using them instead for Warhammer Fantasy Battles using AoS rules)
- Painting Skaven model inbetween hobby projects. (My first year for not painting much Skaven models, but I did get to paint a unit of 20x Clanrats. Many more Clanrats are still yet to be painted….)
Now that my 2017 Resolutions have been updated, I can now finally move on to 2018 list. This year, I’ve decided to make a list that will push me a bit further than last year.
Resolutions for 2018
- At least build a Death Guard army towards 1,000pt using the Patrol Detachment.
- Complete my Harbinger Legions (Chaos Space Marine Faction) as a corrupted Demi-company army. Including a kit of Warp Talons and painting two units of Chaos Space marines.
- Paint more Skaven.
- Complete my Stormcast Eternals army by painting all four remains Hero models. Also, finish painting all remains Khorne Bloodbound models.
- Join community challenges (primarily painting challenges), as well as communicating with the community and bloggers.
- Finish secret project [classified].
- Focus on painting more backlog models to paint for more storage space.
- Incorporate more hobby discussion posts on AoS and 40k.
With that, I would like to end this post by saying thank you for reading, commenting and liking my blog posts in 2017.
With luck, I may do better this year for fulfilling my resolutions. 😅