Continuing on from the last post, I’ve continued the process on prop work by creating the background and extra features. The aim was to create a realistic scene prop that will contrast and define the stylised animation characters. Once the prop work is done, it can then be used for paper cut animation, where it can be evaluated and improved during test filming.
Hope you guys enjoy the post!
For the first scene, I’ve used watercolours of blues mixed with diluted black acrylic paint to create a murky background. Fitting in tone with the prop pieces as a dark and isolated scene.
The tree was painted in acrylic black and added vegetation effects to create a dying old tree.
Ive then layerd the desert land over the tree later to finish off the first scene prep work.
The second scene was started by using watercolours again, but in a cooler blue tone with a pastel coloured sun light to create an uplifting environment.
Similar to the first tree, this tree uses the same basecoat of black acrylic and vegetation effect. However, the tree looks more healthier with its bright green foliage and lighter bark skin.
This was then followed by a layer card of black basecoat with grass effect glued on. I personally didn’t like the way this grass looked after the glue dried off with the excess grass. If I’ve used a different coloured background it would have worked (as well as better glue too).
From that, I’ve created a second card layer that was coated in bright green. It still a bit more work process to finish it off completely, but it’s vastly more improved from the first attempt.
Hope you’ve enjoyed the post. If you have any questions, post a comment below and I’ll reply back as soon as I can. Thanks!
Have a great day today,